Quote by Han Solo

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh what next?

Well I visited the mall today in Olympia WA. There must have been 10-12 empty spaces. Some of the kiosks in the center were empty as well. There were some people there shopping on Wed night but it felt more deserted than a hive of shopping activity.

My recent trip into down town Tacoma and down town Seattle are showing some hits from the economy. For lease signs within two city blocks covered about 8 vacant retail spots.

It seems that the Seattle area has been spared the brunt of the slow down. We were about 18 months behind the curve and I wonder if we are not yet feeling the full weight of the recession here. Many people in my industry are talking like things are looking up. But I have my doubts. It will be an interesting year. I am not quite ready to move to the family farm but that is always an option.

Whirled Peas!

No comments: